MHSRA Student/Parent Meeting
Aug 15/09 @ 3:00 pm
Virden (Barn #4)
Welcome to new members and returning members by President, Kelly Lyng.
- Report cards – we require the previous year’s final report card (a 2nd report card will requested if needed)
- National office increased membership fees after our year already started. Fee increase will be $20 (payable by all members by the next rodeo – Oak Lake Sept 12th) Please bring a separate cheque for $20 made payable to MHSRA (if you wish to mail the cheque it can be mailed to Deb Cook, Box 33, Binscarth, MB R0J 0G0)
- Call entry deadlines are firm. 10pm Wed night – no calls after that.
- Reminder re: Dress Code. All members are given a rulebook and are reminded to familiarize themselves with the dress code and rules pertaining to the events they compete in.
- Entries at each rodeo should be done a min. of ½ hour before the perf. to allow for paperwork to be completed and any changes to be reported to the judges/timers.
- Orin Larsen, Student President, mentioned that he will be working on getting the mentorship program up and running again for this season.
- Brenda Tonn, Website: still needing grad pictures for the web; Cowboy info needed re: Canadians, Nationals, any other info; any pics for the web please forward to Brenda; queen page needs updating.
- Ginny – sponsorship letter updated on the web with the hope to set up a link
- Grocery voucher program explained. All families to participate. The forms will also be put up on the web.
Kurt Heinrichs (????)
Keri Lynne Young
Jenna Rae Kent
Peggy van Meijl